AAUW International Fellowship Program is an award that is fully funded. The award is made by the American Association of University Women, USA. Students from all over the world nations are eligible to apply. AAUW International Fellowship Program is only open to postgraduate and graduate students in any field that is offered by universities. AAUW Fellowship Program covers $18,000 to $30,000 annually dependent on the academic requirements for renewal.
AAUW (the American Association of University Women) provides International Fellowships for full-time study or research in the USA for women who aren’t United States citizens or permanent residents. Postgraduate and graduate studies at accredited institutions are covered. The program was initially designed to provide Latin American women opportunities for postgraduate and graduate schooling within the U.S., the International Fellowships program first awarded the first scholarship in 1917. It now has women from all over the world. the International Fellowship has been granted to more than 3,600 women from over 150 countries.
Institution(s): The American Association of University Women
Level of Study: Masters, Doctoral, Postdoctoral
Study in the United States: USA
- Business and Finance Studies
- Computer Science& IT
- Creative Arts and Design
- Social Studies and Media
- Environmental Sciences
- General Sciences
- Health Studies
- Agriculture and Veterinary
- Applied and Pure Sciences
- Architecture& Construction
- Education and Training
- Mining and Oil & Gas Operations
- Travel and Hospitality
- Check out the official website for remaining classes offered.
The Fellowship Year: July 1st 2021 – June 30 2022.
Benefits of AAUW International Fellowship Program
AAUW International Fellowship Program provide recipients with the following benefits
- Master’s/Professional Fellowship: $18,000.
- Doctorate Fellowship: $20,000.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship: $30,000.
International Fellowship funds are available to:
- Education costs.
- Living expenses.
- Child care that is dependent.
- Attend professional seminars, conferences or events, so in the limit that it does not exceed 10 percent of fellowship.
Eligibility for AAUW International Fellowship Program
- To be eligible for AAUW International Fellowship Program, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All countries, with the exception of USA
- Are citizens of any country other that those of the U.S. or possession of an immigration visa if they reside inside the U.S. Women who are currently, or anticipate for the time of fellowship are a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident, or a dual citizens of U.S. citizens or dual citizen with U.S. and another nation are not eligible.
- You must have an academic degree (received from either the U.S. or abroad) equivalent to an U.S. bachelor’s degree accomplished before November 15th 2020.
- Determined to commit her life to the plan of study during this fellowship year.
- Want to return to her country of birth to pursue a career.
- Be fluent in English. If an applicant cannot prove that her primary language is English (written declaration required) and that she has received the secondary diploma or undergraduate degree from an institution with English as a second language (transcript required) or has completed one semester of full-time studies in her field in an English-speaking institution such as a college or university in the period between October 2018 until November 2020. (transcript required) In addition, she must submit an score of the ETS TOEFL* (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score. The marks of an institution’s TOEFL test along with other English proficiency tests (such like IELTS) cannot be accepted. Minimum score score: 550 for paper-based Test (TOEFL PBT ) not later then October, 2018) and 79 for the Internet-based Test (TOEFL IBT, not more than the month of November) 60 in the case of Revised ToEFL paper-based Test (no later than November 2018,).
- Doctoral applicants must apply before the 15th of November, 2020 to an accredited academic institution that offers study for the duration that is the year of fellowship. They must mention that the school’s name on the International Fellowship application.
- Fellowships for master’s or first professional degrees are designed to students pursuing master’s or professional degree programs like J.D., M.F.A., L.L.M., M.Arch. or medical degrees such as M.D., D.D.S. and so on.
- Doctoral fellowships are awarded to confer doctoral degrees, for example, Ph.D. or Ed.D.
- Postdoctoral candidates need to provide proof of their doctoral degrees or hold a doctorate that is classified as researcher qualification (e.g., Ph.D., Ed.D., D.B.A., D.M.) as well as an M.F.A. before the 15th of November, 2020 and specify where they plan to be conducting their research.
- Doctoral applicants must be registered at an U.S. recognized institution situated in the U.S. during the fellowship year.
- Certain prizes are open to GWI members to research or study in any other country than their own. Be aware International branches that are part of U.S. organizations are seen as to be outside the U.S.
- Candidates must have completed the entire year of research or study. International Fellowships do not offer an amount of money to support a portion of a year of research or study. Programmes that are completed before April 1st of the year in which you are a fellow are not qualified.
- Doctoral fellowships support traditional classroom-based courses of study at colleges and higher institutions. The program does not offer the financial backing needed for distance learning or online courses or degree programs that heavily depend on components of distance learning. Making the final decisions on what constitutes distance learning within the fellowship programs will be determined by AAUW.
How to Apply for AAUW International Fellowship Program
Here are the steps you must take to take in order to benefit from the AAUW International Fellowship Program.
Make these documents
- Three recommended individuals who are academic or professional acquaintances who are familiar with your work and academic background. They will help you work toward scholarly pursuits.
- The highest level of proof.
- Current enrollment proof (currently-enrolled applicants only).
- The proof of a bachelor’s level degree.
- Documentation of doctoral or M.F.A. Degree (postdoctoral postdoctoral applicants are only eligible).
- Official report of TOEFL test results or waiver request.
- Admission letter.
- Take the test to determine eligibility and be examined by the panel of selection.
- Fill out the application and submit the application and submit.
For more information details AAUW International Fellowship Program, go to the official website