Accounting clerks are accountable for supporting the accounting and finance departments through various administrative and financial duties. They aid in keeping precise financial records, processing transactions, and in ensuring that the company’s policies are in line with accounting rules. Accounting clerks play essential roles in the overall financial security and health of the business.
Information about the job
- Location: Richmond, BC
- Salary 2800 to 3200 per month (to be discussed) (160 hours per month
- Conditions of Employment Employment for life Terms of employment: Full time Day and Morning
- Beginning date begins as soon as it is feasible
- Benefits: Health benefits
- Vacancies 1
- Secondary (high) school certificate of graduation
Will you train?
- Processing financial transactions Create and process receivable and accounts payable transactions, which includes confirming invoices, coding expenses and importing data to the accounting software.
- Maintaining the General Ledger Keep track of accurate financial transactions within the ledger general to ensure the proper classification and documentation.
- Reconciliation Perform bank reconciliations ensuring that transactions are properly recorded and discrepancies are spotted and addressed quickly.
- Financial reporting support: Help with the creation of financial statements, reports and budgets by acquiring and organizing information, making calculations, and preparing the necessary schedules.
- Recordkeeping and data entry Complete tasks for data entry, maintain properly organized records and files and ensure that correct documenting for financial documentation.
- Collaboration and communication: Work with internal departments as well as external stakeholders to address inquiries, provide assistance, and ensure that accurate financial information is provided.
- Compliance: Follow the company’s policies procedures, procedures, and accounting guidelines, assuring conformity with the any applicable law and regulation.
- Assist in audits: Offer assistance during external and internal audits by preparing the appropriate documents, responding to questions and aiding in conducting audits.
- Assist with payroll processing Assist in payroll processing. Collaborate in conjunction with payroll departments to assure that there is accurate and prompt processing of payroll for employees and other related transactions.
- Continuous improvement: identify areas for improvement in processes or suggestions for improvements of existing procedures and improve the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the accounting and finance processes.
- The diploma from high school or a similar level; further qualifications or education in accounting or a related field is an added advantage.
- Experiential experience as an accountant assistant or in an equivalent job.
- Experienced in the use of spreadsheets, accounting software and other financial tools.
- An understanding of the fundamental accounting concepts and processes.
- A keen eye for detail and precision in data entry in financial and data entry.
- Excellent management and time management abilities.
- Good communication skills and social abilities.
- Ability to work on your own and in as part of a team.
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations pertaining on financial transactions.
- Make a Journal entry
- Control receivables and accounts payable
- Conduct banking
- Invoice clients
- Collections and credit management
- Assist in clerical tasks including maintaining the filing and record systems
- Perform general office duties
- Make financial statement and report
- Post journal entries
- Other financial, statistical and accounting reports.
- Maintain financial records and create the balance of diverse accounts with computers and manual bookkeeping systems.
Expertise and experience
Knowledge of technology and computers
- Sage Accounting Software
- MS Excel
- MS Word
- MS Windows
- Vehicle of your own
- There is public transportation available.
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Who is eligible to apply for this job?
Apply only to this job if you:
- You are an Canadian citizen, permanent or permanent resident or a temporary one of Canada.
- You are in possession of an active Canadian Work permit.
If you’re not licensed to be employed in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not be able to respond to your request.
How do I apply
The job description contains screening questions. Answer the following questions before applying:
- Are you legally authorized for work Canada?
- Do you have any previous experiences in this field of work?
- What is the top amount of studies you’ve completed?
Advertising up to
Here are some commonly asked questions that will help you get a better understanding of the Accounting clerk’s role:
What is an accountant do?
An accountant plays an essential role in keeping financial records and assisting the accounting department within an organisation. They are accountable for tasks such as creating invoices and reconciling accounts, processing payments as well as assisting in financial reports.
What exactly are usual duties of an accountant?
The responsibilities of an accountant clerk could include:
- Processing receivables and accounts payable transactions.
- The recording of financial transactions is done in accounting software or ledgers.
- Consolidating bank statements and ensuring the accuracy on financial documents.
- Assisting with the preparation of financial statements and annual reports.
- Recording and archiving data, as well as keeping records and files organized.
- Responding to queries from both external and internal customers about financial transactions.
- Assistance with payroll processing and reimbursements for employee expenses.
What skills and experience are required to be an accountant?
To be a successful accountant, one must be able to demonstrate the following abilities and qualifications:
- A keen eye for detail and precision in data entry as well as financial calculation.
- Expertise in the use of Accounting software as well as Microsoft Excel.
- Understanding of accounting fundamentals and accounting procedures.
- Excellent organization and time management capabilities.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work on your own and in as part of a team.
- Experience with the pertinent laws and regulations that relate with financial transactions.
Do you need prior experience to be a certified accountant?
While previous knowledge of finance or accounting is beneficial but it’s not necessary. Numerous companies offer entry-level jobs to those who wish to begin their careers in accounting. relevant courses, certificates or training on the job can aid in the development of necessary knowledge and skills required for the position.
What career opportunities are available to accountants?
Accounting clerks get valuable experience and gain knowledge which could lead to a variety of career opportunities. Through time and knowledge, people could be promoted to positions like the accounting manager, senior accountant supervisor or even the position of staff accountant. Education for example, obtaining an accounting degree as well as gaining professional accreditations could also lead to higher-level positions in the accounting and finance.
How do you describe the work environment like for accountants?
Accounting clerks usually work in offices or as part of an accounting team, or within an accounting department within an organisation. They usually work normal office hours, but there are occasions when extra hours or overtime are required during busy times like the month-end and annual financial reporting.