A barber is a trained professional who is specialized in providing haircuts and grooming services for male customers. They are accountable for providing professional haircuts, beard trims as well as shaves as well as other services for grooming. They are responsible for ensuring the satisfaction of clients and keeping a tidy and relaxing space at the barbershop. Barbers are aware of different styles, hair types and styles and use their experience to create custom designs that boost the appearance of their customers as well as their confidence.
- Location: Prince George, BC
- Salaries: 26.50 hourly / 40-50 hours a week
- The terms of employment permanent employment Terms of employment: Full time Day and Overtime
- Date of start is as fast as is possible
- Benefits: Health benefits
- Vacancies 4
- Secondary (high) school certificate of graduation
1 year up to under 2 years
Setting up work
- Salon/hairstyling or barbershop
- Offer haircuts trimmings to beards, trims to beards and shaves based on your preferences and requests for style.
- Utilize barbering tools, such as razors, clippers, scissors and styling tools to achieve your desired hairstyles and grooming styles.
- Offer excellent services to customers by welcoming customers by addressing their needs and providing professional advice and suggestions.
- Maintain a clean and hygiene standard at the barbershop, which includes cleaning workstations and sterilizing equipment.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends in grooming and hair methods, products, and techniques to provide the best service to customers.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with clients, while ensuring that they are satisfied and loyal.
- Control appointment scheduling, ensuring an efficient workflow, and minimizing waiting times.
- Offer grooming products and services such as pomades, styling gels and beard oils to customers for maintenance at home.
- Experienced barber or stylist with particular attention to grooming of men.
- Expert knowledge of styles, types of hair and grooming methods.
- Expertise in the use of barbering equipment and tools, including trimmers, clippers razors, and scissors.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively communicate with clients and to understand their needs and preferences.
- Careful attention to details and accuracy in styling, haircutting and grooming your beard.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and control time effectively.
- Knowledge of safety and hygiene practices in a barbershop environment.
- The ability to recognize the products for men’s grooming and the capacity to provide suggestions to customers.
- A valid barber’s license or certificate that is in accordance with local laws.
- Make appointments
- Trim and cut hair in accordance with the client’s instructions or personal preferences
- Hair of customers who shampoo
- Cut and shred beards, and mustaches
- Offer other hair treatments like the waving, straightening, or tinting, and provide massages for the scalp to help condition it.
- Assess the condition of scalp and hair and provide basic treatment or guidance on treatments to beautify the hair and scalp
- Apply bleach tints, dyes, or rinses to colour, freeze or streak hair
- Cut or trim hair, taper it, perm, curl, wave and style hair
- Keep track of and place orders for supplies
Expertise and experience
Hair styles and styling techniques
- Blow dry
- Hair braiding
- Iron curling/waving
- Roller setting
Techniques for colouring hair
Safety and security
- Transportation for public use is readily available.
Physical and work conditions
- The environment is fast-paced and exciting.
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- For long periods of standing
- Client interest
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Health care plan
Who is eligible to apply for this job?
The employer will accept the applications of:
- Canadian citizens as well as temporarily or permanently resident of Canada.
- Other applicants with or without an active Canadian Work permit.
How do I apply
The advertisement was advertised up to
Here are a few frequently asked questions to help understand the Barber’s role:
What is a barber to do?
Barbers are specialists who are experts in providing haircuts and grooming services for males. They usually offer a variety of services that include haircuts, shaving, beard trims, hair styling, and scalp treatments. Barbers are adept at employing various tools like clippers and razors, scissors and styling equipment to create the desired hairstyles as well as grooming styles.
What is the time it will take to become barber?
The length of time it takes to become barbering can differ depending on the education program chosen and the rules established by the state or nation. The typical barbering program can be as short as 9 months up to two years. After having completed the necessary education and training, new barbers typically need take a licensure examination for professional practice.
What skills are needed to become a good barber?
Barbers who are successful have a mix of skills in the field and interpersonal skills. Technical skills include mastery of haircutting techniques, a knowledge of various hair types and styles, as well as proficiency in the use of barbering tools. Personal skills are also essential, as barbers must to be able to effectively communicate with customers know their preferences and provide outstanding customer service.
How do I pick an experienced barber?
When selecting a barbershop take into consideration factors like their reputation, experience as well as their knowledge. Find barbers with a an understanding of the various haircuts and grooming trends along with a good understanding of various hair types. Looking up online reviews or requesting suggestions from family and friends can help you find an experienced and reliable barber.
When should I have an appointment for a haircut?
Haircut frequency varies on the individual’s preferences and hair growth patterns. Most men will have a haircut every 4 to 6 weeks in order to keep their style in check and to keep their hair clean and tidy. But this could differ based on various factors like the type of hair, style and individual preferences.
Barbers can help in grooming beards?
Absolutely! Barbers are skilled in offering services for grooming your beard, like trimming, shaping and styling. They can assist you in maintaining an attractive and well-groomed beard that complements your face and your personal style. Barbers also provide information and suggestions on maintaining your beard and recommend the right products for keeping your look at at its best.
Do barbers provide other services in addition to haircuts?
Many barbershops provide additional services that can enhance your grooming experience. They can offer beard trimmings as well as hot towel shaves facial treatments, scalp treatments and even grooming products for men sales. Certain barbershops provide special services such as barbering methods that are traditional or old-fashioned.