As a hairstylist, you’ll be a highly professional who is skilled on cutting, styling as well as coloring the hair in order to make distinctive and individual appearances for your customers. Your creative thinking as well as your attention to detail and ability to comprehend the preferences of your clients will contribute to their appearance as well as increasing their confidence.
Information about the job
- Location: Unit 4 32294 S Fraser Way Abbotsford, BCV2T 1W6
- Pay: 17.00 to 20.00 hourly (to be negotiated) forty hours a week
- The terms of employment Employment that is permanent full time Day and Weekend, shifts Overtime, Morning
- Date of start begins as soon as it is feasible
- Vacancies 3
- Secondary (high) school certificate of graduation
2 years up to less than 3 years
- Hairstyling salon or barbershop
- Hair cutting and styling Offer hair cutting and styling services to women, men, and children, based on client preferences, face shape, and hair type.
- Highlights and Hair Coloring: Apply hair color highlights, highlights, and lowlights, adjusting shades to compliment the skin tone of the client and individual fashion.
- The Hair Treatments Hair treatments are available including Keratin treatment, deep conditioner and scalp massages to improve the health of your hair and its texture.
- Hair Pieces, Hair Extensions Use hair extensions or hairpieces to increase length or volume, resulting in different hairstyles based on the preferences of our clients.
- Consultation Provide thorough consults to clients to learn about their hair-care needs and hairstyles they want to achieve, and provide professional advice and suggestions.
- Product Recommendations Provide suggestions and recommendations for hair-care products, such as conditioners, shampoos, and styling products to assist clients in maintaining your hairstyles in their homes.
- Hairstyles for Special Occasions and Updos Hairstyles: Create beautiful updos and hairstyles for special occasions like weddings, parties, or other special events.
- Keep Up With Fashions: Stay updated with the latest trends in hairstyles techniques, haircare methods, and products that offer the most cutting-edge hairstyling solutions for clients.
- Cleanliness and sanitation: Keep a tidy and tidy workstation sterilize equipment and follow strict hygiene and sanitation guidelines to provide an safe and clean environment for customers.
- Customer Services: Provide excellent customer service, making sure that customers enjoy a pleasant and positive salon experience.
- The completion of a cosmetology course or formal hairstyling education is highly recommended.
- A proven track record as a hair stylist in a beauty salon or setting is helpful but is not necessary for entry-level jobs.
- Expertise in a variety of hairstyling techniques. This includes hair cutting, coloring and hair styling.
- Experience with various hair textures, types and facial styles to suggest appropriate hairstyles for customers.
- Excellent communication skills that allow you to recognize the preferences of clients and provide an expert opinion.
- The creative and artistic side of the artist can create distinctive and unique hairstyles.
- Physical strength to stand for prolonged durations and complete hairstyling chores.
- Excellent customer service skills to build trust with customers and make sure they are satisfied.
- Ability to operate in a high-speed and dynamic salon setting managing numerous customers and appointment.
- Hairstyling license of the state as required by local laws.
- Schedule appointments
- Trim and cut hair in accordance with the client’s instructions or personal preferences
- Hair of customers who shampoo
- Trim and shave beards as well as mustaches
- Offer other hair treatments like the waving, straightening, or tinting. You can also provide massages to condition the scalp
- Assess the condition of scalp and hair and provide basic advice or treatment on treatments to beautify the hair and scalp
- Apply bleach tints, dyes, rinses to color, frost or streak hair
- Hair extensions can be applied to hair
- Hairpieces with clean and stylish wigs as well as hair pieces
- Cut or trim hair, taper it, perm, curl and style hair
- Create a hairstyle that is suitable for the client’s physical features or choose a style based on the the client’s preferences and instructions
Experience and expertise
Hair styles and styling techniques
- Blow dry
- Hair braiding
- Iron curling/waving
- Roller setting
- Transportation for public use is readily available.
Physical and work conditions
- A fast-paced, exciting environment
- Repetitive tasks
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Standing for long periods
- Client is the focus
- Excellent interpersonal capabilities
- Excellent oral communication
Who is eligible to apply for this job?
Apply only to this job if you:
- You are an Canadian citizen, permanent or permanent resident or a temporary one of Canada.
- You’re in possession of an active Canadian working permit.
If you’re not licensed for work within Canada, do not apply. The employer will not be able to respond to your request.
How do I apply
In the post
Unit 4 32294 S Fraser Way Abbotsford , BCV2T 1W6
Advertising up to
Here are some commonly asked questions that will help you get a better understanding of this hairstylist:
1. What can a hairstylist accomplish?
Hairstylists are professional professionals who are skilled with cutting, styling or coloring hair. They work with clients in order to know their needs and provide professional advice on how for achieving the desired style.
2. What are the services that hairstylists provide?
Hairstylists provide many services, such as:
Haircuts for women, men and children.
Hairstyling for special occasions like weddings and other events.
Highlights, coloring of hair and the balayage.
Treatments for hair, like deep conditioning or Keratin treatments.
Straightening hair and perms.
Hair extensions and hairpieces applications.
3. How do I select the correct hairstylist for my requirements?
When selecting a hairstylist take into consideration factors like their knowledge, experience, the services you need review from clients, as well as their ability to recognize and create the hairstyle you’d like.
4. Do you need formal education for becoming hairstylist?
A formal education isn’t necessarily required, but a lot of hairstylists take a cosmetology course or attend a beauty academy to develop the essential abilities and know-how regarding hairstyling techniques as well as salon management.
5. What are the qualities that make a great hairstylist?
A good hair stylist has creativity and attention to detail, great communication skills, the ability to understand clients’ requirements and have a desire to stay up-to-date on the most recent styles in hairstyles.
6. Are hairstylists specialized in particular fields of hairstyling?
Hairstylists may specialize in different areas, including hair cutting, styling and color wedding hair, hair extensions as well as working on certain hair kinds (e.g. curly hair and textured hair).
7. What is the best time to go to my hairstylist?
Haircut frequency is contingent on your individual hair growth rates and the hairstyle that you would like to have. In general, having haircuts every 4-8 weeks can help maintain good hair and maintain a healthy style.
8. How do hairstylists stay up with the latest styles and trends?
Hairstylists take part in seminars, workshops and industry-related events to keep up-to-date on the newest trends, techniques and hair products. They also follow the most influential hairstylists via social media and engage in ongoing educational programs.
9. Do hairstylists have suggestions for an appropriate hairstyle for my facial shape as well as facial features?
Absolutely! Hairstylists are adept at analysing faces, features, and hair styles to recommend hairstyles that highlight their clients their natural beauty and enhance their distinctive features.
10. Is hairstyling a lucrative career option?
Hairstyling can be an exciting career to those enthusiastic about beauty, creativity and helping people feel confident about themselves. The power to alter the appearance of someone else and increase their confidence is satisfying.