As Bookkeepers as a Bookkeeper, you are responsible to maintain exact financial information for both businesses and other organizations. Your attention to detail as well as ability to manage financial data will ensure that transactions in the financial system are recorded accurately and that financial statements are accurate and in compliance with accounting standards.
Information about the job
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salaries: 25.50 hourly / 40 hours per week
- The terms of employment permanent employment full time shift
- Date of start is as fast as is possible
- Vacancies 1
- Secondary (high) school certificate of graduation
1 year up to under 2 years
- Financial Transactions Note and group financial transaction, such as purchase, sales and receipts into the correct accounts.
- Accounts Receivable and Payable Control accounts payable by processing invoices from vendors and issuing payment invoices. Manage accounts receivables by creating invoices to customers, sending them out and monitoring the payment.
- Bank reconciliation: Consolidate bank statement with financial records of the company to verify accuracy and find any differences.
- Accounting Reporting Create and create financial statements such as balance sheets, income statements and cash flow reports that provide a concise outline of the financial situation.
- Process Payroll: Determine employee wage as well as deductions and taxes and process payroll deductions accurately as well as on time.
- Cost Tracking: Monitor and track company expenses, while ensuring compliance with budgetary guidelines as well as identifying areas that could be cut by cost.
- Tax Preparation Assistance: Help in collecting financial information and creating required documents to file tax returns, working in conjunction with certified public accountants (CPAs) or tax accountants. (CPAs).
- Maintaining Records: Keep track of and manage financial documents like journals, ledgers, as well as financial records, while ensuring they are current and easily accessible for financial audits and analysis.
- Analyzing Financial Data: Examine trends and financial information to provide insight to help make financial decisions as well as strategic planning.
- Privacy and Compliance: Ensure compliance with accounting guidelines, laws and company guidelines. Securely guard confidential financial information and other sensitive data.
- The diploma of high school or its equivalent. any additional training or education in accounting or bookkeeping is helpful.
- A proven track record as a bookkeeper or the financial field is helpful but isn’t always necessary.
- Expertise in the use of the accounting software as well as spreadsheet programs (e.g., QuickBooks, Excel).
- Excellent mathematical skills and attention to detail are required to accurately keep track of financial transactions and to perform reconciliations.
- Understanding of the fundamental accounting principles that include receivables and accounts payable processing of payroll, as well as financial reporting.
- Excellent management as well as time management skills to handle many tasks and keep deadlines in mind.
- Effective communication skills to work with team members and other external parties.
- Confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive financial information.
- Analytical thinking to analyze financial data and spot patterns or differences.
- Flexibility to change to evolving priorities and financial demands.
- Calculate and prepare checks for the payroll
- Calculate the depreciation and fixed assets.
- Maintain financial records and create, maintain and balance different accounts by using computerized and manual bookkeeping software
- Maintain general ledgers as well as financial statements.
- Post journal entries
- Create other financial, statistical and accounting reports.
- Create tax returns
- Make a trial balance of the books.
- Reconcile accounts
Who can apply for this job?
Apply only to this job if you:
- You are an Canadian citizen, permanent or temporarily resident in Canada.
- You are in possession of an active Canadian Work permit.
If you do not have the authorization to be employed in Canada, do not apply. The employer won’t respond to your request.
How do I apply
Advertising up to
Here are a few frequently asked questions that will help you get a better understanding of the format. Bookkeeper :
1. What exactly is a bookkeeper’s job?
Bookkeepers are accountable for keeping precise financial records for businesses. They track financial transactions, monitor income and expenses and make sure that the financial statements are current and compliant with accounting regulations.
2. What are the primary duties of the bookkeeper?
The primary responsibilities of the bookkeeper are:
The recording of financial transactions, like purchases, sales and payments, is a task that can be accomplished using ledgers or accounting software.
Reconciling bank statements, and checking for accuracy in financial records.
Producing financial reports, such as balance sheets and income statements.
Controlling the accounts payable as well as accounts receivable.
Making invoices, processing payroll and handling tax-related documentation.
3. Does formal education need to be completed in order for becoming a bookkeeper?
While formal education isn’t always necessary, many employers will prefer applicants who have a minimum of a high education diploma, or equivalent. Bookkeepers can choose to pursue formal education or certification in accounting or bookkeeping.
4. What are the essential skills to be an effective bookkeeper?
Successful bookkeepers have an intense attention to detail, mathematical ability as well as organizational skills and proficiency with accounting software and analysis of financial data.
5. Can bookkeepers be employed in different sectors?
Bookkeepers are employed in many industries, including the hospitality industry, healthcare, retail as well as non-profit and professional services, for instance. The requirement for precise financial records is vital throughout all sectors.
6. Are bookkeepers responsible for tax preparation?
Bookkeepers manage financial information and are able to help with tax-related paperwork Tax preparation usually will require the help of accountants, tax experts or certified public accountants (CPAs).
7. What is the importance of the confidentiality of your bookkeeping?
Security is a crucial aspect of bookkeeping. Bookkeepers deal with sensitive financial information such as payroll information and the company’s finances. They are required to keep strict confidentiality in order to safeguard the privacy of their customers as well as financial interest.
8. What are the career options for bookkeepers?
Bookkeepers are able to explore a variety of job opportunities in the finance and accounting sector. If they have experience and other certifications, they can advance to positions such as Accounting Manager Financial Analyst, Accounting Manager, or explore opportunities in companies that have accounting or finance departments.
9. Bookkeeping can be a part-time or remote profession?
Bookkeeping is a remote or freelance job. Many individuals and businesses outsourcing their bookkeeping requirements to bookkeepers working as freelancers from home, which allows the flexibility and ease of use for both the parties.
10. How do you become bookkeeper?
In order to become a bookkeeper one should begin by acquiring basic bookkeeping and accounting skills. Acquiring relevant qualifications including bookkeeping classes or certificates, can increase skills and make you more employable. Experience gained through internships or beginning positions in bookkeeping are important in building skills and developing an employment in bookkeeping.