We are looking for an organised and precise administrative assistant to be part of our staff. In the role of an administrative assistant you’ll play a vital part in ensuring the smooth and efficient running the office. You will provide the essential support for administrative and clerical tasks and ensure that the daily chores are effectively and efficiently.
Information about the job
- Location: Ingonish Beach, NS
- Salaries: 17.00 to 20.00 hourly (to be negotiated
) 30 to forty hours per week
- The terms of employment Employment for a long time full time day, evening and Shifts, to be decided
- Beginning date is as fast as it is feasible
- Benefits Health benefits, long-term benefits, other benefits
- Vacancies 1
- Secondary (high) school certificate of graduation
1 year up to under 2 years
- Maintain and manage the calendars of appointments, make schedules and organize meetings.
- Answer calls, reply to questions and make calls to the right department or individual.
- Help and greet visitors by providing the environment is welcoming and professional.
- Distribute and prepare memos, letters reports, correspondence, and other papers as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations, including collecting information and organizing the materials.
- Keep track of office supplies in anticipation of demands and placing orders as required.
- Keep track of documents and documents, to ensure the accuracy and accessibility.
- Assistance with travel arrangements, including booking flights, accommodation as well as transportation.
- Help coordinate and plan of events, meetings and conferences.
- Team members should collaborate to improve workflow and communication.
- General administrative tasks, like printing, photocopying, and even mailing.
- A high school degree or equivalent. Additional knowledge related to office administration an advantage.
- Experience in the field of administrative assistant, or in a similar position.
- Proficiency proficient Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other related software.
- Highly organized skills, with the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities.
- Aware of detail and capable of maintaining the highest degree of accuracy during work.
- Professional manner with outstanding interpersonal abilities.
- The ability to manage confidential information in a manner that is discreet.
- Excellent problem-solving skills as well as the ability to perform well under stress.
- Flexibleness and adaptability to shifting priorities and obligations.
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
Benefits for the long-term
- Other advantages
- Free parking is available
- Opportunities to build teams
Who is eligible to apply for this job?
The employer will accept the applications of:
- Canadian citizens as well as the permanent and temporary citizens of Canada.
- Other candidates without or with the required Canadian Work permit.
How do I apply
Advertising up to
Here are a few frequently asked questions to help get a better understanding of this administrative assistant:
What’s an Administrative Assistant?
Administrative assistants are professional who offers support for administrative and clerical tasks to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of an office, or any other organization. They are responsible for a variety of tasks, which include taking phone calls and managing calendars, scheduling appointments, organizing meetings making documents, and keeping documents.
What skills are needed to become an administrator assistant?
To become a successful admin assistant, one need to possess strong organizational and time management abilities. Pay attention to details, superior communication skills, as well as the ability to use computer software like spreadsheets, word processing, or presentation programs are crucial. Furthermore, problem-solving skills ability to multitask, as well as an affable and professional manner are highly appreciated in this position.
What industries have administrators?
Administrative assistants are employed in a variety of industries, including finance, education, healthcare as well as legal, government and non-profit organisations. They are crucial in nearly any industry where administrative support is required to ensure smooth operation and a smooth work flow.
What is the common tasks that an administrator assistant is expected to perform?
The tasks that an administrator assistant can differ based on the company The most frequent tasks are managing correspondence and scheduling appointments, coordinating meetings, writing presentation and report, managing office equipment and supplies keeping records and databases as well as giving general administrative assistance to the staff.
What are the requirements for an Administrative Assistant?
Although the formal education requirements may differ, the majority of employers prefer applicants with the equivalent of a graduation certificate from a high school or a similar institution. Computer skills that are strong and proficiency with office software are essential. Some employers will prefer applicants with other certifications or education in administrative or related fields in office administration.
What career opportunities are there for administrators?
Administrative assistants are able to advance their careers through experience and developing their capabilities. As they gain time or experience they could be promoted to more senior positions like executive assistants as well as office administrator. They may also be able to specialize in specific areas like the planning of events, management for projects as well as human resources based on the requirements of the business.
What are the qualities of a person that are essential for an administrative assistant?
Effective administrative assistants have excellent interpersonal skills, such as the ability to effectively communicate as well as maintain confidentiality. They also be able to work with a wide group of people. They must also be flexible capable of utilizing their resources and be competent enough to manage multiple tasks along with deadlines while maintaining a positive mindset.
How do me become an assistant to the administrative?
For a career as an Administrative Assistant begin by acquiring the required abilities and qualifications through formal education, training programs or other relevant experience. Improve your computer proficiency as well as your organizational and your communication abilities. Think about obtaining certifications or classes in office administration to make yourself stand out on the job search. Internships, networking, and volunteer work can provide excellent opportunities to learn and build connections within the field.