Application Deadline: 15th August 2020
To Be Taken At (Country): USA
Information about the program: At the time of their time at an host American establishment, Humphrey Fellows are invited to attend graduate programs that relate to their specific professional interests. As Humphrey Fellowship is not a degree program, Humphrey Fellowship program is not a degree-granting program, the candidates have a large part of their time in professional development programs such as meetings and affiliations to U.S. faculty and experts as well as field trips, workshops as well as research projects. the creation of practical methods that can be used to the Fellows countries of origin.
field of Research: The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program offers opportunities to study the following fields:
- Economic Development/ Finance and Banking
- Agricultural and Rural Development
- Natural Resources, Environmental Policy, and Climate Change
- Urban and Regional Planning
Democratic Institution Building
- Law and Human Rights
- International Religious Freedom
- Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration
- Trafficking in Persons Policy and Prevention
- Technology Policy and Management
- Human Resource Management
- Educational Administration, Planning and Policy
- Higher Education Administration
- Teaching English as a Foreign Language
- Public Health Policy and Management
- HIV/AIDS Policy and Prevention
- Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention
- Contagious and Infectious Diseases
Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program Components
Academic: Humphrey program is classified as a non-degree programme. Humphrey Fellows aren’t allowed to transfer from non-degree to degree status. Humphrey Fellows pursue custom-designed programs in host institutions with partaking and the freedom from the requirements of a degree program gives each Fellow the freedom to choose the program in a way that is self-directed and personalized.
Professional: During the academic year, each Fellow develops, with the help by the campus coordinator local to them and faculty advisors, a strategy to undertake professional projects that have been carefully adjusted to the Fellow’s requirements for relevant, professional experiences. A Fellow’s professional-development plan may comprise professional visits, seminars, and a professional affiliation (mid-career internship/residency) that has to be at least six weeks in length.
Eligibility for Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
- You must have a minimum four-year undergraduate degree at S.A. (BA + Honors)
- Possess at least five years of full-time professional experience after the attainment of a first university/undergraduate degree before August 2020
- The lecturers at the university must be able to demonstrate responsibility for policy or management and knowledge. There are exceptions for instructors of English as an additional language or experts in the prevention of substance abuse and treatment
- A demonstrated leadership ability: candidates should have held the highest levels of responsibility at the regional, national or local level, and demonstrate a an unambiguous commitment to assume more leadership positions in the future.
- A sign of public service within the community: the applicants for jobs must show an ongoing and future commitment to public service. This is usually specified in the public or NGO sector
The following people are not eligible to participate in participation in the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program:
- Graduate college at a university in the United States for one academic year or more within the seven years preceding August 2020 cannot apply.
- Anyone who has had more than six months U.S. experience during the five years prior to August 2021 aren’t eligible to apply.
- People who have two U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent resident status are not eligible to apply.
Award Number: Not specified
Benefits of Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
The Fellowship includes:
- The payment of tuition and fees at the host institution of the university
- Pre-academic English instruction in English If required
- A living allowance, which includes an allowance for settling-in once;
- Insurance for sickness and accident;
- Book allowance; a one-time computer subsidy
- The cost of flight (international travel within and between to the U.S. for the Program as well as local travel to compulsory programs events);
- A stipend for Professional Development to attend professional events such as field trips, professional visits, seminars.
Duration of Program:10 months
How to Apply for Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program
The application online is accessible here.